Sunday, May 4, 2008

Retreat

In March the singles branches of the Tri-Cities went on a overnight retreat to Camp Zarahemla. They still had about 3 feet of snow on the ground, and it was blasted cold. The girls stayed in the lodge and all the guys got to stay in the cabins. I think that the guys got the better deal because it was freezing in the lodge. Mostly everyone played boardgames, card games or sat around and talked. or they were outside playing in the snow. There were even some minor injuries from sledding down hills. One of the leaders/chaperone's got his truck stuck and had to leave it there and go back up later to get it. But the lake was the coolest thing to look at. It was so clear that you could see the mud bank on the other side of the lake, and it was not glacier blue water either.


This is what the old amphitheater (now the Valley of Nimrod) looked like. It was almost completely covered in snow. The snow was hard enough that you could walk on it.


We drove by the entrance sign and had to backup because the snow drifts were so tall. I was standing halfway up the drift when I took this picture.


This is Elisabeth and me standing at the entrance sign, about 6 ft off the ground.


This is a neat picture I took off the lake.


We stopped at Miner's in Yakima on the way home and this is the burger that I split with someone. That burger was big enough that we barely finished our small order of fries that came with it. But it was a good burger.

2 comments:

The Mothership said...

That looks like fun!

I'm glad you started a blog to keep us all updated on what is going on! I can't believe how many trees are on that truck! Crazy. Kaden loved looking at all the pictures of the baby cows. And I read somewhere that all the mom cows will designate a "baby-sitter" so they can have a break. So it's true! That's funny that you have seen it happen!

See you in a few days.

shaunie said...

Yay for Lyndsey for starting the 'farm blog.' Now when we leave I won't be completely in the dark. Cool YSA retreat too. I never got to do cool stuff like that.